One of the most requested items we get is “How do I make an html redirect page”.
Strangely enough this is one of the easiest things to accomplish, but then anything is easy when you know how to do it!
Here’s the code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN”> <html> <head> <title>Your Page Title</title> <meta http-equiv=”REFRESH” content=”0;url=http://www.the-domain-you-want-to-redirect-to.com”></HEAD> <BODY> Optional page text here. </BODY> </HTML>
<meta http-equiv=”REFRESH” content=”0;url=http://www.the-domain-you-want-to-redirect-to.com”> is the part that actually does the redirecting.
The number preceding the url (in this case zero) tells the browser the number of seconds to wait before redirecting to the new url.
You could set this to 5 and add some optional text to your page – something like:
“Please wait while we redirect you to our new site”.
That’s it! Just copy the code, save it (i.e. save as index.html) and your html redirect will work perfectly.
Our web designers know I don’t like working in code, I am more of a “What you See is What you Get” kind of a Gal. So, If I can follow this procedure so can you.
Holly Berlin, General Manager
Blogging is becoming more and more popular everyday. Should you join the blogosphere? Take a look at this list to help you make your decision about blogging.
- To Express Your Thoughts and Opinions – If you have something to say, blogs provide a place to say it and be heard.
- To Market or Promote Yourself or your business, product or service – Sell……Sell….Sell…
- To Help Others – Many blogs are written to help people going through similar situations that the blogger has experienced.
- To Establish Yourself as an Expert – Blogging can help legitimize your expertise and expand your online prescence and platform.
- To Connect with People Like you – blogging brings like minded people together.
- To Make a Difference – Blogs can be issue-based meaning the blogger is trying to provide information to sway people’s thinking in a certain direction.
- To Stay Active or Knowledgeable in a Field or Topic – It’s a perfect way to post updated and fresh information.
- To Stay Connected with Family and Friends – Blogs can be a simple way for family and friends to stay connected from different parts of the world by sharing stories, photos, videos and more.
- To Make Money – You can make money with patience and practice, you can make money through advertising and other income generating activies on your blog.
- To Have Fun and Be Creative – Have a passion about your blog topic, so you can write prolifically about it. Some of the best blogs started out as blogs that were written just for fun and to give the blogger a creative outlet.
To learn more about blogging check out our training schedule http://www.cstechplus.com/training/schedule.asp - we periodically teach a 3-hour class on “How to Create a Free Word Press Blog website”.
Posted by GM Holly